Watching her on the court, it's hard to believe Sofya is only 16 years old. The 2015 Wimbledon Junior Girls Champion is clearly a rising, shining star in the world of tennis.
The One X Ten Interview:
1. Where are you from and where do you currently call home?
Originally, I’m from Moscow, but for the last six months my hime in sin Bradenton, Florida. I’m feeling amazing here.
2. How did you get started in your sport and when did you realize you wanted to pursue it professionally?
I was looking at my brother because he also played tennis. On my first day on the court, I decided that I wanted to become a professional tennis player.
3. What is the biggest setback you’ve suffered as an athlete?
No major setbacks yet.
4. Best piece of advice from women starting out in your sport?
Never give up. If you decided to do it—then just do it!
5. What’s the biggest misconception people have about being a female athlete?
Female athletes in all sports can be charming and beautiful.
6. Whom in your sport do you admire the most and why?
Maria Sharapova, because she is just perfect in all respects.
7. What’s in your gym/workout bag?
A towel and a bottle of water.
Anything that comes my way...
9. Favorite workout or workout tip?
Don’t forget to do your recovery.
10. We define “The Wonder” as the state of reaching the truly extraordinary—the achievements that most people, including you at one point, could not fathom. What is your Wonder and what has it taken—or what will it take—to reach it?
Winning Wimbledon Jr., and a strong belief in what I am doing.